Interparking began as a family-owned business, founded by the De Clerq family. They constructed the very first parking garage in the heart of Brussels 65 years ago for the 1958 World Expo. Over time, the De Clerq family has reduced its stake in the group to 10%. The real estate group AG Real Estate and asset manager APG now hold the remaining 90%.
Our first car park: Parking 58 in Brussel
For over six decades, Interparking has been providing customer-centric parking solutions in Europe
The fundamental principles of Interparking have remained largely unchanged since its inception. Even then, it was clear to us that motorists were seeking more than just a place to park their cars – they were primarily looking for an optimal customer experience. Interparking accomplishes this by guiding the parker to their destination with accurate information, our hospitable service staff, and cutting-edge technological advancements.
Following our establishment in Belgium, we swiftly expanded into the Netherlands. Subsequently, Germany and Austria joined under the name Contipark. Later, France, Italy, Spain, and Poland also became part of our network. In 2011, we inaugurated our first new parking garage in Romania. Interested in learning more about Interparking's history? Check out the video below.